Tuesday, March 10, 2015

2.1.2015: Beach Adventures, Don't Get Board (pun intended)

Hello, all,
Whoa! It's officially not February (and hasn't been for a good 10 or 11 days, depending on where you are located).
Let's get to it: the last weekend of January, even if things didn't go exactly as planned (when would they anyways?) This is a much delayed post. Oh, well

At first, I was a little worried that things were going to run downhill, the way the pre-travel adventures went. Thankfully, time was not so much of the essence as it was relative.
In a gist, and it did indeed occur in threes:

  • In addition to my 10:30AM appointment being 30 minutes early, my 15-minute drive back  from the appointment took triple the time due to the most granny-esque driver I've dealt with. (this counts as one because it was the same person) quite funny, actually.
  • I just barely missed a songtauw(truck version of a bus) after rushing in and out of my apartment to catch it.
  • I almost was unable to buy my fun juice for the weekend.
Now, all that being said, the windows happened to crack open for each door closed:

  • I arrived to my apartment in a safe manner
  • a second song taew came up about 2 minutes after the first one drove off
  • I managed to explain how there must've been too much confusion, thus getting the merchandised purchased.
Plus, my friend and I arrived just in time for the last group of Paddleboarding. I must say, paddleboarding is one tricky thing. There were many aspects to consider with this activity. For one, you have to be able to balanced on an unstable surface, in addition to the instability, there is the added challenge of the constant in-out flow of the ocean. There was lots of slipping and falling, but in the end, everyone was able to stand on the board at least once. Of course, what's the fun of trying to paddleboard sans the wipouts? Those were the best. Everyone had their own style of wipeout, too.
Let's just say, some of us have stories to bring back with us from that weekend. The school we used  also provides surfing lessons, and gave us our troupe a heads up about the typical surf-year. The main point was: if we want to experience good surf weather, come out just before monsoon season, when the ocean is active.

I'm going to guess that some of us will be out and about trying to catch some "gnarly" waves!




A for the rest of the evening, calmed down pretty quickly, with music and food. And a "surprise" pouring rain for thirty minutes or so.

The next day, most people had already dispersed, but our crew met some more people, making friends and eating lunch together at an Indian restaurant, (YUM).


Interesting, or not, it was a great weekend, where I learned more about the friends I've been making.

Until next time,
K.


No comments:

Post a Comment